This is my arcade page where I show off my MAME cabinet.
I thought I’d save myself the trouble of explaining what MAME is, since there is already a good explanation over at MameWorld.
This cabinet was actually an old poker machine before I converted it into a MAME cabinet. I like it because it’s smaller than the average home-built cabinet (which are usually HUGE monsters because they fit a 27″ TV). I couldn’t fit a huge cabinet in my apartment… Well, actually I can’t fit this one either, but sometimes you have to prioritize…
To transform this… Into this!
- Insert two silent Noctua fans to the back of the cabinet
- Tidy up among all the cables…
- Create graphics for a control panel overlay
- Exchange coin-lights from light bulbs to LEDs
- Adding a hinge to the front of the control panel
- Install a spinner
- Change T-molding, ordered from T-Molding.com
- Install a separate shift button/plunger
- Install a 90 mm fan in the back (system runs really cool now)
- Install lights for the marquee
- Apply side decals and marquee
- Order a marquee and some decals for the sides
- Apply some extra layers of paint
- Mask the bezel to fit the monitor screen
- Connect the cabinets power button to ATX power-on
- Install a master/slave power strip for easy power-up
- Implement a nudge function for flipper games
- Add flipper buttons and wire up to I-PAC
- Wire coin-lights to the PC’s powersupply
- Wire up coin-slots to I-PAC
- Add plexi glass overlay to control panel
- Paint cabinet and control panel
- Install speakers and sub-woofer
- Build control panel and wire it to I-PAC
- Fill up all holes with wood putty
- Add castors to the stand
- Build a new stand
- 19″ TFT monitor (good size without all the depth)
- Intel Core i3
- 4096 MB RAM
- Internal Intel Graphics
- TurboTwist Arcade Spinner with custom knob
- I-PAC (USB-version) interfacing with the arcade controls
- Mag-Stik Plus Ball-Top joysticks and buttons
- Stereo speakers and a sub-woofer
Favorite arcade games
Here is a list of my favorite games. (updated January 24, 2010)
This list was created with my mamefavs-script.
I am an Asteroid.
I am a drifter. I go where life leads, which makes me usually a very calm and content sort of person. That or thoroughly apathetic. Usually I keep on doing whatever I’m doing, and it takes something special to make me change my mind.