I recently got me a bunch of mails from cron, informing me about a failure
File is not a perl storable at /usr/lib/perl/5.18/Storable.pm line 398, at /usr/share/perl5/Munin/Master/Utils.pm line 279.
Most of the graphs (but not all graphs) for a host was not displaying correctly. Instead of the graph I saw the actual data.
Not really finding any relevant answers to my querys on Google, I found this page. Not exactly the same error, but I did find some valuable information about how to further investigate the problem.
Run munin-cron as user munin to see if displays anymore information about the problem:
This didn’t really do anything, and I never got the prompt back.
Moving the state*.storable files out of the way didn’t help either. I moved all the graphs.tmp.n files and now the script actually and now I got an error message:
at /usr/share/perl5/Munin/Master/GraphOld.pm line 404.
Ok, great. Sounds like a lockfile. Moving that file out of the way actually let me run munin-cron without any problems. Now the graphs are working nicely as well.