Tag Archives: bounce
Today I noticed I hadn’t received any mail from one of my servers for several weeks. Upon investigation I found that postfix seemed to have some trouble finding the target machine, due to what appeared to be some kind of name lookup problem. I think the problem might have been introduced through a system upgrade some weeks ago…
What’s strange is that this server could lookup the target machine just fine through DNS, in both forward and reverse.
This is what I got in the log /var/log/mail.info:
I googled this error message and found a suggestion to add a line in /etc/postfix/main.cf: