Tag Archives: lvm
LVM gives you flexibility at the cost of more complexity. When a system with LVM configured is shutdown uncleanly, there may be some trouble getting back on track again.
Some notes from the top of my head, for occasions when this happens.
- If your LVM system stops booting and complains about the disks, or the disks are suspected being dirty, boot into maintenance/single mode.
- Search for your volume group to see that it’s available:
- Activate your volume group:
- Check filesystem integrity, for each of your logical volumes:
Some quick notes on LVM:
- Display information about physical volumes (PV)
- Display information about all locical volumes (LV)
- Growing a logical volume
- Growing the filesystem (this works for JFS)
That last remount is just to make the filesystem writable again, since the resize sets the filesystem to read-only.
See the LVM-HOWTO for more information.