Tag Archives: moblock

Configuring moblock & blockcontrol

Suddenly at some point, I wasn’t able to send any e-mails. Messages got stuck in the outbox, refusing to leave my computer.

At first I thought it was a temporary problem with Google’s mail servers, as I hadn’t installed or changed anything for a week or two on my own computer.

Upon further investigation I found this link which suggested using telnet to test the connection to Google:s SMTP server.

So I ran the following command:

telnet smtp.gmail.com 465

No greeting or anything. The telnet session just hang there.

Posted in Linux | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , | 2 Comments