Tag Archives: squeezebox

Logrotate: duplicate log entry

Cron is mailing me reports like these:

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
error: squeezeboxserver:1 duplicate log entry for /var/log/squeezeboxserver/server.log
error: found error in /var/log/squeezeboxserver/server.log , skipping
error: squeezeboxserver:14 duplicate log entry for /var/log/squeezeboxserver/scanner.log
error: found error in /var/log/squeezeboxserver/scanner.log , skipping

As the report tells you, logrotate tries to rotate some logs twice. Not a severe error but annoying enough to be fixed.

Begin by changing directory:

cd /etc/logrotate.d

Search for the filenames mentioned in the error report:

grep "/var/log/squeezeboxserver/scanner.log" *
logitechmediaserver:/var/log/squeezeboxserver/scanner.log {
squeezeboxserver:/var/log/squeezeboxserver/scanner.log {

It seems that squeezeboxserver changed name (this has happened before…) to logitechmediaserver with the latest software upgrade. An old entry still exists in logrotate for squeezeboxserver. Move this file out of the way:

mv squeezeboxserver /tmp/

There, problem fixed!

Posted in Linux | Tagged , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

New server hardware

I’ve just finished transferring the homepage to my new server.

ASUS at5nm10i

ASUS at5nm10i

 

The new hardware is basically a fanless ASUS AT5NM10-I. The mainboard is equipped with dual core Atom CPU’s and 2GB of RAM. The passive cooling makes this computer absolutely quiet. The computer case Morex 5689 is also fanless and have grating on all sides for ventilation. The PSU is an external AC/DC converter, delivering 12 Volts to the mainboard. This solution leaves any heat that normal PSU’s generates outside of the case. The case is mounted to the wall inside a cupboard. A mount plate is included to ease the installation to vertical or horizontal surfaces.

Posted in Linux | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Updating KDE4

I’ve been waiting for a KDE4 update to hopefully get some small knicks and knacks corrected. I found out that an update was available in the backports repository. I enabled backports by uncommenting these two lines in /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://se.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic-backports main restricted universe multiverse
deb-src http://se.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic-backports main restricted universe multiverse

I updated the the package index:

# apt-get update

Since KDE4 is a fundamental part of Kubuntu, I decided a dist-upgrade would be the best way to update:

# apt-get update dist-upgrade

200MB of new packages where downloaded and installed. Among other new packages, a new kernel was installed. The update went smoothly so I decided to reboot:

Posted in Linux | Tagged , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment