Tag Archives: web-browser
I use Lynx, a text-based web-browser, on a daily basis. It can be everything from using my webupdate script to doing a quick lynxdump from a shell in a terminal. Lynxdump is an alias I have set up:
Normally I’m not using Lynx to surf the web, since it’s text-based so no pictures are shown. But it is an essential and excellent tool to use in scripts! Since I’m not using it for my daily surfing, I haven’t really bothered to configure it to handle the Swedish characters åäö correctly. Today I did some scripting towards Google Translate and I realized it was time to grab the bull by its horns.
I had some troubles with web pages being shown in the wrong language in the Opera web-browser. I prefer to see the english version of a web page, whenever available.
To fix this problem:
- Type in the address bar:
- Do a search for language
- Change the value for HTTP Accept Language, from:
- Click the Save button
- Close and restart Opera
- Great success!