Tag Archives: wordpress
This is a list of my current favorite WordPress plugins:
- Akismet – Protects your blog from spam comments
- Better Related Content – Finds better related posts
- Configurable Tag Cloud – Configurable tag cloud
- CodeColorer – Insert code snippets to your posts with nice syntax highlighting
- Download Counter – Implements download counters for all possible URL’s.
- Featured Tag Widget -Displays a list of post for a particular tag in your sidebar
- Generic Stats – Allows you to add stats code to the Header or Footer of your posts
I’ve just finished transferring the homepage to my new server.
The new hardware is basically a fanless ASUS AT5NM10-I. The mainboard is equipped with dual core Atom CPU’s and 2GB of RAM. The passive cooling makes this computer absolutely quiet. The computer case Morex 5689 is also fanless and have grating on all sides for ventilation. The PSU is an external AC/DC converter, delivering 12 Volts to the mainboard. This solution leaves any heat that normal PSU’s generates outside of the case. The case is mounted to the wall inside a cupboard. A mount plate is included to ease the installation to vertical or horizontal surfaces.
I just installed WordPress and it looks promising so far.
Since apache2 was already installed, I just needed to do a few easy steps:
# /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
Manually add a database and database user to mysql. I use KMySQLadmin for this task.
After that, point your browser to http://yoursite/wordpress/ and follow one or two easy steps. It’s really that simple! 🙂
I find the admin GUI to be a lot easier to understand than for instance b2evolution, which I tried at the same time.